Home > Personal > On to the next challenge

On to the next challenge

Well, I have a job now. QA isn’t the most exciting thing in the world, but hopefully it’ll be interesting. I’ll also get to see which two people were right about that company: the two who heard not so great things or the two who heard it’s a nice place to work.

In any case, I have to find an apartment now. By the 15th. I’m not looking forward to this.

Suggestions welcome, of course.

Categories: Personal
  1. Colby
    May 1, 2006 at 8:06 pm

Hey Jeff, congrats on the Zoot job! My mother-in-law (Lucy Peterson) works there. She is a pretty cool lady in general. She is a liberal type as well, and she would totally appreciate having more of that around. I will drop your name to her, let her know you are around.

2. May 2, 2006 at 9:23 am

Congratulations, Jeff! My suggestion would be to blog about this or any job as little as possible, particularly in terms of specifics and negative reports. As a rule, you want to stick to things like how the job makes you feel in general, things that coworkers say that have nothing to do with job specifics (i.e., water cooler conversations, NOT naming names), stuff like that. Example: “Working late again… boy I’m tired.”

3. May 2, 2006 at 10:28 am

Congratulations Jeff!

I know life will work out fine for a hard working and brilliant young man such as yourself, especially if you follow Elayne’s advice.

Enjoy your achievements.

4. May 2, 2006 at 4:15 pm

Just remember this advice. Don’t borrow money for consumption goods, max out your 401K (if available) and make your IRA contributions too. If you follow this advice (barring a world cataclism) you’ll retire at an early age – Social security be damned.

Congrats.

5. May 2, 2006 at 7:14 pm

Thanks everyone.

Elayne – I hesitated to even put up the link that I did.
    Dave – Thanks for the advice. I don’t even have the paperwork for the job yet, but I think I do get a 401k plan.

6. May 3, 2006 at 9:00 am

Zoot suit riot… Riot!

😛

7. sheena rice
    May 3, 2006 at 12:08 pm

Jeff-

CONGRATS!

There are some SMALL but affordable studio apartments for rent on Main Street (above the country bookshelf). I actually just rented one for myself since I have to leave my beautiful house.

If you’re interested I’ll get ya the number of the landlady..