Home > 2008 elections, Personal > I should sleep

I should sleep

Not long ago I thought to myself, “you know, I’ve never worked 60 hours in a week before.” Who knew I was setting a goal?

In other news, Guiliani is a complete idiot. If you didn’t know that already.

Plus, I must say, this Obama is a Muslim thing seems to be more popular than I thought. I thought it had all been dropped after CNN investigated the so-called madrassa that Obama attended and found it to be a pretty normal school. I didn’t realize there were e-mail forwards circulating and that people believe them without actually checking a site like Snopes. It does illustrate quite nicely the unhinged bigotry of the uber-partisan Right. Calling someone a Muslim is apparently the most devastating accusation they have.

Categories: 2008 elections, Personal
  1. January 11, 2008 at 7:09 am | #1

A question that my wife keeps hitting me over the head with:

How many people lie on their death bed and tell themselves, “You know, I really should have spent more time at work.”?

2. Lina
    January 11, 2008 at 9:42 pm | #2

Well, aside from calling someone an atheist, anyway.

3. January 12, 2008 at 12:24 am | #3

Which is kinda funny, actually. One of his parents is an atheist and he has said he was raised secularly. So he’s covering up his supposed Muslim upbringing with an atheistic one. To the segment of the population these stories are aimed at that’s like saying you couldn’t have killed that guy because you were out molesting a nine year old at the time.

4. January 17, 2008 at 3:46 pm | #4

Man you are really out of the email loop. These things make the rounds regularly, and I’d be surprised if they didn’t have their origins in campaign basements. Most of them are written on a 6th grade level, in big blue print, with flag pictures, and a note at the end to please forward. My brother, who has a degree in English with a German minor, forwards this shit to me. I’m so ashamed of him.

5. January 17, 2008 at 11:34 pm | #5

It seems to me that the people who forward them aren’t that interested in thinking about the issues brought up in the forwards. So if you respond a couple times, demolishing the claims made, people just stop sending them. It’s not worth the extra reading and mental strain. That’s what happened with me, anyway.

6. January 18, 2008 at 9:19 am | #6

They pop up again, and again. Any day now I expect to get the one about Chapter Nine, verse 11 of the Koran that talks about how the eagle swoops down … Steve has actually responded to these people with the real Koran 9/11, which is innocuous, and it does no good. The email reappears and makes the rounds again.

And then I wonder about even dealing with people who are stupid enough to believe the nonsense, but with family reunions and all, I have no choice.

1. January 18, 2008 at 5:06 am | #1