Home > 2006 elections, Montana > Burns no longer being investigated

Burns no longer being investigated

How we’ve gone from that statement to “Burns has been exonerated” is beyond me. Iverson informed us that Burns wasn’t a target of the investigation, so it wouldn’t seem like someone who wasn’t being pursued could be exonerated.

As I pointed out a while back, if Burns’ vote wasn’t for sale, he looks worse on the Marianas vote.

But, I suppose those non-limp-wristed, non-pussy, very manly Montana bloggers will have their day to get out pent up frustration over Burns’ loss (or just general partisan anger, I suppose). And some of the limp-wristed pussies of the Montana blogosphere who thought Burns was going to be indicted will have to eat their words. All in all, though, Burns lost for many good reasons and our new Senator is a major improvement.

Now we should all just move on and begin working together for a better future. We should put all this partisan sniping aside. Right? Hey, where are you going?

Categories: 2006 elections, Montana
  1. January 4, 2008 at 10:47 pm

limp-wristed pussies of the Montana blogosphere…

Your literary concatenation of limp-wristed and pussies is of your own making. I’ve not heard it before from anyone on Montana’s right – especially from me.

Just sayin’. There’s enough legitimate criticism of my opinions for the sinistra to use. But my use of the word “pussies” has never had a sexual intent.

2. January 5, 2008 at 9:11 am

Speaking of splitting hairs …

3. January 5, 2008 at 10:04 am

Why is that splitting hairs, Mark? In the one case it would make me look like a sexist. In the other, it just makes me look like an ideological bigot. I am not a sexist.

4. January 5, 2008 at 6:02 pm

It looks like splitting hairs to me. I a) didn’t say anything about you and b) mentioned three insults used separately by another Montana blogger (as I’m pretty sure you’ve seen). Your objection is that I strung them together? I don’t see the issue.

5. January 7, 2008 at 1:00 pm

I am not a sexist.

Says the man whose favorite put-down is “pussy.”

The latest Burns brouhaha has nothing to do with partisanship or ideology. It appears to be exclusively personal, as revealed by the language and target of those expressing outrage.

1. January 4, 2008 at 10:22 am