Home > Music > The escapades of a Nazi Black Metaller

The escapades of a Nazi Black Metaller

So, most people who read this blog (about 5 of you) won’t know much about this (aside from people from UM who wander in here). I don’t know that much, but enough. Here’s the deal:

There’s this guy named Varg Vierknes, a Norwegian, who was in a Black Metal band called Burzum. He’s a very anti-Christian, anti-Semitic, Neo-Nazi guy. In 1993 he killed a member of Mayhem, a rival Black Metal band, and also burned down several churches, killing one person. Essentially, the divide between the two guys is a Norwegian rapper war, Varg saying:

“The reason I disrespected him was simply because he was completely incompetent and incapable of running his label efficiently. He was full of big words and never did anything as he promised to do. He was obsessed with this ‘Satanist’ thing, while I wanted to spread Odinism in the scene (and he hated me for that as well). He was disgusting, watching dirty movies all the time, and we even suspected him for being bisexual or homosexual! I did not want anything to do with him, and did nothing to my contempt for him to anybody! He was a pig, and I told that to ‘everybody’!

….

“I meant ? and still mean ? that I killed him in self-defense, simply because it was he who attacked me, and not the other way around, when I showed up in his apartment that evening to tell him to ‘fuck off’ (to put it that way). He intended to torture me to death, filming it and selling it as a ‘snuff’ movie to others ? and I knew this because a friend of his told me about it. He attacked me and he tried to kill me (with a knife). He failed miserably, alright, but I knew that if I did not end ‘the show’ there I would only give him a second chance, and of course I saw no point in doing that. Maybe he was more successful (for a change?) the second time? That is why I mean it was in self-defense. In beginning it was self-defense, even legally, but when he started to flee it was no longer legally, and I then call the killing a ‘preventative action’, ‘preventative self-defense’.”

Oystein (the member of Mayhem) was stabbed 23 times. So, essentially this guy is crazy. Just a couple days ago, he escaped from prison. He was on a short leave, because he had been transferred to a minimum security prison, and had two more years to serve, even though his sentence is 21 years.

He was captured yesterday after a car chase in the middle of the night. Apparently he hijacked a family’s car at gun point and then was chased down by police.

A crazy couple of days for one fucked up person.

Categories: Music
  1. October 28, 2003 at 12:06 pm

Norwegian rappers? Do they rap in Norweigian?

2. October 28, 2003 at 12:20 pm

Well, maybe, I don’t know, I was just saying the differences between the two guys is a like a stupid rapper turf war kinda thing like we have here.

3. October 28, 2003 at 12:49 pm

OK. I just had a burning desire to hear Norwegian rap. It’ll pass.

4. October 28, 2003 at 2:06 pm

Maha, there are rappers all over the place… Japanese, Norwegian, German, etc… and most of them do rap in their native language.

5. October 29, 2003 at 8:58 am

I hadn’t heard that Varg Vierknes was in jail – I knew he had been wanted for the murder, but I’d never heard how that came out. Glad to know he was convicted. I just wish they would keep him locked up forever. Murder is, **by far**, the worst of his crimes, but he’s also been involved, from what I understand, in the burning of several churches that were built on land that had once been used for Hofs and Temples to the old Norse Gods.

He claimed he was doing it to honour the Gods, but everything he does that he claims is for “religious” reasons and the brand of garbage he peddles and calls Odinism is an insult to Heathens everywhere, and he (and others like him) do little but give us a bad name. Aside from advocating violence to resolve problems and committing crimes in the “name” of the Gods, many so-called Odinists also try to spread racist beliefs and agendas, claiming that the Gods only want followers of “pure” blood. Of course, it seems to me that if the “purity” of the blood was important, then the Gods themselves would go around sleeping with Giants, Dwarves and humans, and having children of mixed parentage, but apparently that little bit of logic escapes the minds of some of these nithings.

Sorry for the rant, but this arsehole really pisses me off a lot. He has done more to make people look at me and other who truly do follow the Gods look like racists and thugs, and it just gets me a bit worked up.

6. Chienne
    April 7, 2005 at 5:01 pm

Er, they don’t rap. They’d probably smack, nah kill you for saying that. Their vocals consist of throaty, high-pitched screams–like Regan in The Exorcist.

7. April 7, 2005 at 7:47 pm

Reading comprehension is a skill too many people lack.